AddThis Feed Button
Google
 

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Jay-Z Goes Indie

Jay-Z has bought out his contract with Def Jam for $5 million.
"I can honestly say, working with Doug Morris and L.A. Reid has been a unique and fulfilling experience, and I respect them immensely," Jay told RapRAdar.com. "I've been in the family for almost my entire career. Doug and I spoke directly and had one of the most unique 'negotiations' ever.
Jay said there was also a coin toss in the negotiation. "Doug won the toss, but we both won in the end," Jay said. "I thank him for allowing me to be a completely independent artist. Not every artist can say they own or are given the opportunity to own all of their music." Source
I’m surprised this didn’t happen sooner. He’s bankin enough to have full control over his career, no?

Want more Manifesto? Check me out at AllVoices.com and Wordpress.com.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home