AddThis Feed Button
Google
 

Monday, July 21, 2008

More Cowbell! Er, I mean Bagpipe

Jay-Z’s third album since announcing his retirement, will reported contain the use of bagpipes. Timbaland, who will be one of the producers of the album, thinks that the bagpipes will had an unexpected flavor. Timbaland says, "We want to go to the world. Some of the songs are gonna sound like (world music artist) M.I.A. You’re gonna be like, ‘Whoa!’ But it’s Jay on them. That means it reaches everywhere. I’m gonna have songs with bagpipes too. The music is gonna be so worldwide, he’ll be able to tour the rest of his life, maybe, off just this one album." Source
I love the work that Timbaland did with M.I.A. on the song “Come Around” (although, since I love her I guess that makes me a little biased) and generally respect his music so I have no doubt that he’ll make this somewhat offbeat idea work.

Want more Manifesto? Check me out at Today.com and Wordpress.com.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home