AddThis Feed Button
Google
 

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Hayes' Family Fights For His Back Catelogue

Recently deceased musician Issac Hayes, now has his family members fighting over his estate. They are set to sue for the rights to his songs. His catalogue was sold for $30k in 1976 when he filed for bankruptcy. One of his sons Isaac Hayes III says, "He definitely was done wrong. I'm very passionate about that (providing security for the family). If that means me trying to get my father's material back, I'm all for it."
Hayes' attorney, Allen Arrow, says, "I can't rule out litigation... I would hope that we can retrieve a good part of what he lost."
Lance Armstrong, president of Rondor Music, which owns the publishing rights to Hayes' songs, added: "He lost millions, and it was morally and ethically wrong to take it from him. He was devastated." Source
I hope this doesn’t get as nasty as the battle over James Brown’s estate. Let’s keep it classy people.

Want more Manifesto? Check me out at Today.com and Wordpress.com.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank for the article, be excellent article.

1:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home