AddThis Feed Button
Google
 

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Queen Latifah to Adopt?

The National Enquirer is reporting that rapper, singer, actress Queen Latifah, nee Dana Owens, wants to adopt a child with girlfriend Jeanette Jenkins. A longtime pal told The Enquirer, “They’re trying to keep it quiet because they don’t want to jinx the whole thing.”
They also want to adopt from the US unlike other stars. “I can understand why people go outside the U.S. You can adopt someone here, and the birth parents have three years to come back and get that child. That’s terrifying,” said Queen Latifah. She believes poor American children “can use just as much assistance as someone from around the world. I want to do something here.”
She’s been talking about adopting for a little while now. She said last year, “I’ve always wanted to have babies and adopt. When I was little, I remember seeing TV shows and a child would be adopted and be happy. I just always felt like there are so many kids out there who need a parent.” Source
I agree big Tif! There are chilluns in our own back yard in need of a good home. Best of luck!

Want more Manifesto? Check me out at Today.com and Wordpress.com.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home