AddThis Feed Button
Google
 

Monday, January 26, 2009

Chris Rock Does Documentary on 'Good Hair'

Chris Rock was inspired to do a documentary about Black hair culture acter his daughter asked him why she doesn’t have ‘good hair’.
“[Good Hair] is kind of a love letter to black women, and it’s definitely a love letter to my daughter.”“On the surface, it seems like it’s not what I normally do, but when you watch the movie, it’s very political, and it deals with relationships. It deals with a lot of issues I would deal with in an HBO special, just in another way. What goes on in the movie most black people know about, maybe not to the extent that we covered it, but any white person who sees it is going to think, 'Wow, I had no idea.'”Source
I would LOVE to see this. Any black woman with a certain level of courseness to their hair has at one time or another struggled with image issues. It took me the first twenty years of my life to let go. Hopefully this documentary can help others to be comfortable about their blackness regardless of how thick or curly their locks may be.

Want more Manifesto? Check me out at TheFlowLive.com and Wordpress.com.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home