AddThis Feed Button
Google
 

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Update 2: Pavilion Apartments Review: DON’T MOVE THERE!

I’m still trudging along in the takedown of the wretched Pavilion Apartment complex. Today I’d like to talk about the safety issues in and around the complex. Now, granted, it’s Newark, so I get that it’s not the safest place in the world. I also understand that the management has no control over what happens outside of the property. But and however, upon first moving in, I was told that there was a Newark police officer on duty in the parking lot. That’s not exactly true. Actually it’s not true at all. There is a small trailer that says Newark Police on the side of it. But and however there’s no one inside. Not a soul. And if you walk up to it, which I have, it’s empty…a dummy trailer.
I was also informed that there would be security on guard 24/7 who were responsible for making sure that all guests signed in and out and were accounted for. Residents have a slash card to give them access to the main lobby. All guests would have to go through the security guard in order to get in. At least that’s what is SUPPOSED to happen. Instead what happens is that the lobby door is often broken so that no slash card is needed and ANY Tom , Dick and JoJo can walk in off the street to possibly rape, rob, mame and kill me…or someone else in the building.
When the door is operating properly, people without slash cards simply knock on the door. It’s either opened by a security guard or someone else standing in the lobby but the stranger is NOT questioned and is allowed to hop on the elevator to possibly rape, rob, mame and kill me…or someone else in the building.
Also, guards are not always on active duty. They’ll walk in to the convenience store in the building (and away from the door) to grab a sandwich or hang out with the guys behind the counter. They’ll go outside to smoke cigarettes with their homies, propping the door open so any Tom, Dick and JoJo can come inside to possibly rape rob, mame and kill me…or someone else in the building.
See where I’m going with this? It’s bad enough to feel unsafe walking from the train…it’s a whole other ball of wax to feel unsafe in my own damn home.

That’s all for this post. FYI the address to the apt complex is:
Pavilion Apartments
351-381 Broad Street
Newark, NJ 07104

Click here for more ratings.

Want more Manifesto? Check me out at TheFlowLive.com, AllVoices.com and Wordpress.com.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home