AddThis Feed Button
Google
 

Monday, October 20, 2008

Political Poop '08

In the October newsletter by the Chaffey Community Republican Women, it says that if Obama is elected his face should appear on food stamps instead of dollar bills. Then there is an illustration of a fake foodstamp with obama’s face on a donkey and surrounded by fried chicken, kool-aid, watermelon and ribs.
The groups president, Diane Fedele, said she plans to send an apology letter to her members and to apologize at the club's meeting next week. She said she simply wanted to deride a comment Obama made over the summer about how as an African-American he "doesn't look like all those other presidents on the dollar bills."
"It was strictly an attempt to point out the outrageousness of his statement. I really don't want to go into it any further," Fedele said in a telephone interview Tuesday. "I absolutely apologize to anyone who was offended. That clearly wasn't my attempt."
"I didn't see it the way that it's being taken. I never connected," she said. "It was just food to me. It didn't mean anything else."
She said she also wasn't trying to make a statement linking Obama and food stamps, although her introductory text to the illustration connects the two: "Obama talks about all those presidents that got their names on bills. If elected, what bill would he be on????? Food Stamps, what else!" Source
In my pledge to not allow myself to get angry over every racist attack on Sen. Obama (because if I did I’d be angry all the time) I’m not going to comment on this. But I would love to hear, and post, what you think about it.

More Poop…
Former Secretary of State, and a member of the Republican Party, Colin Powell, is officially endorsing Senator Barack Obama for president.
“I think he is a transformational figure, he is a new generation coming onto the world stage, onto the American stage, and for that reason I’ll be voting for Sen. Barack Obama,” Powell said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.” Source
Yes we can!

IF YOU PLAN ON VOTING FOR OBAMA DON’T WEAR ANY OBAMA APPAREL TO THE VOTING POLLS. THIS INCLUDES HATS, T-SHIRTS, PINS, ETC. THIS IS CONSIDERED CAMPAIGNING AND CAMPAIGNING IS NOT ALLOWED AT THE POLLS. ONCE FOLKS HAVE TO GO HOME TO CHANGE THEY’RE LESS LIKELY TO COME BACK OUT TO VOTE.
SO YES, YOU’RE CATSUIT WITH OBAMA AIRBRUSH ACROSS YOUR CHEEKS IS REALLY CUTE BUT PUT IT ON AFTER YOU VOTE. UM KAY?

Want more Manifesto? Check me out at Today.com and Wordpress.com.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home