AddThis Feed Button
Google
 

Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Hip-Hop Monologues?

I just heard about some Jim Jones, off off Broadway musical called The Hip-Hop Monalogues. I have no idea what it was about but according to Necole Bitchie it went a little something like this:
The off-broadway musical “Hip-Hop Monologues: Inside the Life & Mind of Jim Jones,” was basically a theatrical listening party for Jones’ upcoming album, Pray IV Reign. Half the time I was utterly confused trying to follow the story line while bopping my head to the beats. The majority of the singing was handled by Skull Gang’s Starr, while MTV ‘Real World: Syndey’ alum Parisa Montozaran played a reporter from E! Harlemworld Stories (lol!), and Dr. Benjamin Chavis killed his role as a compasionate Judge. But before I go on tearing the musical apart, I can’t stress the brilliance behind the concept…I mean seriously who else in hip hop turned a listening party into a musical?! Ummm…no one! Groundbreaking…I say YES! As for the album, Pray IV Reign, the songs were a mix of hood joints like “Frenemies” to party joints “Pop Champagne“. I left the theater wondering who is “Frenemies” about…Cam’ron maybe? Anywhoo, check out some pics I snapped trying to bypass the mob scene. Source
Why god? WHHHHHHYYY?!?!

Want more Manifesto? Check me out at TheFlowLive.com and Wordpress.com.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home