AddThis Feed Button
Google
 

Friday, February 27, 2009

Update 3: Pavilion Apartments Review: DON’T MOVE THERE!

Let’s have a little chat about how unprofessional the staff is. I’ll start by saying that there is one, count it, one person in the leasing office whom, for the majority of the time I’ve lived there, has not only been professional, but dare I say it, likable. The times that I’ve gotten this leasing agent on the phone, they always make sure that things get done. But and however, I don’t always get them on the phone. I’d post their name because I’m praising them right now. But and however, a recent conversation threw all that professionalism right out the damn window so I’ll refrain from putting their name. Anywho, the times that I’ve spoken to others in the office about maintenance issues it has taken several calls from me on the same issues before actually having someone fix the problem.
In fact, on one particular occasion, after being told that my tub had been fixed while I was away on vacation (for over a week), I returned to find it still full of the same amount of water as when I left it. I went directly to the leasing office and asked one of the agents to send a maintenance man over because I needed my tub snaked. They said, “You mean plunged?” I said, “No, I mean snaked. I tried plunging it and it didn’t work. I’ve been dealing with the same tub issues for a few years now. I know it just needs to be snaked.” This fool proceeds to say to me, “What are you? A plumber?” It took all my strength to not jump up on that desk like a chimp on the loose and tear that place up. I said, “Just send someone.” When maintenance finally showed up, two calls, one visit, and two days later, he had a plunger in his hand. I let him work up a sweat for 15 minutes trying to plunge the tub before suggesting he snake it.
Back to my ‘favorite’ leasing agent. When they first called to inform me that March’s rent would be taken out of my deposit I could tell that this was news they obviously didn’t want to share. I get it…I’m not going to kill the messenger. I did however express my displeasure with the news about my deposit and posed some additional questions/concerns to the ones that were in my letter.
They told me that they would speak to the manager, and get back to me. I called a total of 4 more times over the course of a week and a half attempting to speak to the agent, or anyone for that matter, and have my questions and concerns addressed. I was told I would get a call back and didn’t receive one and on three occasions I was put on hold and the call disconnected.
Finally, after getting through, I was told by the agent that there was nothing they could do. I made a point to voice my concerns again. I wanted it on record with the leasing office and corporate that I was extremely displeased with their service and I would continue to dispute the deduction. At this point the agent said, “That’s not my problem. That has nothing to do with me!” I had to remind them (for the umpteenth time since starting the conversation) that this wasn’t personal but since they were a representative of the building, and I haven’t been given any other contacts to speak to, I was going to voice my issues with them.
“I’m gonna put you on with the manager cus I don’t like this! I don’t like this at all!”
Lo thinks to self: Good, cus that’s what I wanted all along anyway.
The manager gets on the phone and just says hello…no introduction. So I ask for their name. They reluctantly give it with a snide, defensive tone. Then immediately say, “Listen, this really isn’t my problem. It has nothing to do with me. You’re no threat to me.”
Seriously?!!!! Don’t these simpletons realize that I don’t have issue with them? Well I do, but my anger wasn’t and isn’t directed at them personally.
Anyway, I continued in my ‘work’ voice for the remainder of the conversation even though every inch of my being to not give them the tongue lashing of their lives. In the end I made sure to get out ALL of my grievances.
Yesterday I called the office again to get the contact info for the corporate office. I was diredcted to a leasing agent who, before giving me the info, asked me if I put a sign on my door on Saturday telling people not to move there. I wasn’t even in town on Saturday. And really, if I’m gonna warn people away I’ll do it in a much bigger way, say by posting several scathing blogs about it.
When she gave me the info I spoke to the property manager about my issues (she’s investigating) and I penned an official letter to be sent to corporate.
Really all I want to come from this is that I get back a fair amount of my deposit and that the other people who are left to live in this wretched place are treated better.

That’s all for this post. FYI the address to the apt complex is:
Pavilion Apartments
351-381 Broad Street
Newark, NJ 07104
Click here for more ratings.

Want more Manifesto? Check me out at TheFlowLive.com, AllVoices.com and Wordpress.com.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home