AddThis Feed Button
Google
 

Friday, July 31, 2009

Roseanne, Hitler in Drag

Rosanne dressed u as Hitler in the latest issue of Heeb Magazine. Here’s part of the article:

"As we wrap up the shoot, Barr puts her Swastika armband, one of the gingerbread victims and a Polaroid of herself in the costume in a Ziploc bag, making it look like evidence from some bizarre crime scene. She plans on bringing it to her 13-year-old son when she picks him up from school. 'Maybe this will make my kid like me,' she says with a sigh. " Source

From Roseanne's blog:

"Heeb is a humor magazine for young hip Jewish people, and I was asked to be in the "Germany" issue. I always thought Hitler had some extreme self loathing about not being "male enough", and i thought it was funny to show him in housewife drag. After all, the German housefraus loved the guy and did whatever he told them to do. They were falling all over themselves, screaming in the streets as if he were a rockstar, pressing their children to him for a kiss, as he exiled them back into the kitchen and out of the professions, and blamed everything on "liberals".
Hitler served the German industrialists who put him in power, as if he were their little housefrau. When they thought they could turn a buck by cooking and gassing their minority groups, he helped set up their lines of federal credit to do so.
I thought that Hitler in drag making Jew cookies was a very accurate way of depicting the whole German Gestalt. Also, I hate Hitler, because he thought that artists should be censored. I also hate everyone else who thinks that way."

I don’t see the big deal. I’ve always dreamed that when I become famous Interview magazine will do a story on my rise to superstardom and the pictorial will be me dressed as several black stereotypical archetypes, Mammy, Sambo, a character from ‘Fat Albert’ It’ll be Edgy. It’ll be deep. It’ll be OK because I’m black. Just like this is OK because both Rosanne and the magazine are Jewish. There are just some things that you can say and do in terms of your own people that you get away with for the simple fact that you belong to that group.


Want more Manifesto? Check me out at AllVoices.com and Wordpress.com.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home