AddThis Feed Button
Google
 

Thursday, August 28, 2008

K-Ci Denies Drug Use and Explain's JoJo's Collapse

The video of Jojo passing out onstage during a recent performance in Sydney Australia has been all over the internet. Many have been speculating that the reason for his collapse has something to do with drug use. His brother K-Ci called into NY’s Hot 97 radio station to set the record straight.

"In case people don't know -- and I'm bringing it public right now -- my brother JoJo is epileptic. He had seizures," K-Ci said over New York airwaves. "Not trying to make no excuses for anything, we did an over an hour show. ... We started to cancel the show 'cause he had a seizure the night before we had to get on the plane. We did a 20-hour flight, man, then had to go straight to the stage. I knew my brother was gonna get sick," he continued."In a part of our show, when we doing 'Crazy,' JoJo act like he crazy on stage," K-Ci explained. "I'm used to that, but that night, it wasn't crazy. So, I'm like 'There he go.' But when I look at him, from the back of my head, I'm like 'Oh, my brother ... is not crazy.' I got scared. Don't nobody think about how I felt? That's my brother ... I'm like 'Yo, this is for real, this isn't a part of the act right here.'"He shoots down any rumors of drug use saying, "People try to say we on drugs? Come on man. We not on no drugs, come on now," said K-Ci. "... Ain't nobody on no drugs. Don't get it wrong now, we do drink our Moet and Cristal. Don't get it twisted. When it come down to get to work, we love our fans."He assures fans that JoJo is recouping. "JoJo was sick. He's getting his rest right now. He's much, much, much better," the singer said. Source
If you haven’t seen this video I want you to watch it right now then I have to get a few things off my chest.

Done? Ok good.
That wasn’t a seizure…that Negro was knock rock on the floor. In fact I think he may have been dead for about 20 seconds.
K – Ci…you love your brother right? And I understand that the show must go on but damn! You stood there singing your little bird chest out while he lay there motionless on the ground. Did you ever at any moment think it might be a good idea to pick him up? Or at least kick him to see if he was alive?
I almost fell out my chair when I saw the stagehand walk towards JoJo and instead of helping him, he picked up the mic and kept it moving.
Crack is wack but crank kills. Just say, “no” kids!

Want more Manifesto? Check me out at Today.com and Wordpress.com.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home