AddThis Feed Button
Google
 

Monday, September 29, 2008

Lil' Wayne Gets a Sports Writing Gig

Rapper Lil Wayne has signed on to write a blog series with ESPN The magazine. "I don't watch nothing but sports -no movies, no news, no television shows- so I thought it would be fun," Wayne tells readers. Because I watch so much sports, I like to think I know what's gonna happen."
Wayne says he not only watches sports but plays them too, "I grew up playing football. Believe it or not, I was a fullback. When I was nine, ten, eleven, I was a great blocker. I knew how to block real good and the other kids didn't. So there I was. One game when I was ten years old we were on the goal line about to score, and coach called the play for me. I was supposed to go one way, but I ended up sneaking around the other side on a sweep. Everybody thought I was already tackled. The ref was already blowin' his whistle. But I was still up and I stutter stepped one way and beat the last guy trying to get me and scored that touchdown," he recalls. 'That's my favorite sports memory for myself.'
He also says that he likes all types of sports. He writes, "Besides the Packers, my favorite teams are the Red Sox, the Lakers and the Boston Bruins. I also love tennis. I had a lot of people over to my place to watch the Wimbledon final this year, and we went crazy. I love Federer but Nadal is my favorite. He's the man. I love his motivation and his heart is big. He leaves it on the court. And when I found out he still lives with his family despite his success, that was it for me. That's unbelievable right there. That just goes to show you where his heart is at, how much love he has. So we were watching that match, and nobody thought he was gonna win. Everybody was telling me how he hadn't beat Federer on the hard court and he could only do it on clay but I never had any doubts. I knew his heart was gonna do it for him, and it did." Source
Eh, I don’t know. I like ESPN the way it is. With middle aged fat guys shootin the breeze in really bad suits. But I guess I can't knock the hustle...plus i don't have to read it if i don't want to.

Want more Manifesto? Check me out at Today.com and Wordpress.com

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home