AddThis Feed Button
Google
 

Monday, November 19, 2007

Quote of the Day

Erykah Badu on the development of her upcoming album:

“I dug deep down into the bottom of my hip-hop coin purse to find some of the freshest scientific, mathematical absurd geniuses that I could connect with because I was feeling pretty twisted myself. The scientists I was dealing with was J Dilla, Madlib, Sa-Ra, 9th Wonder, Kareem Riggins [and] Rashad Smith to name a few. All of these people have a reputation for being visionaries and knowing them well, I felt ‘Okay, now it’s time to put together a project that not only takes us to another place, another dimension, but highlights these sights.’ And that’s what I had in mind for this project that I’ve been tentatively calling KahBa.” (Source)

She sounds JUST like this nutty “friend” of mine (who btw shall remain nameless for fear they’ll read this and then harm me in some way). She’s really talented, that Badu. She’s managed to make me feel like I’m trippin on acid…and I’ve never done acid. Its almost like listening to a Wee Sing cassette tape. Excuse me while I go rock in the corner for a bit. There are spiders and snakes crawling on the walls and its troubling me.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home