AddThis Feed Button
Google
 

Thursday, September 04, 2008

Katy Gets Slammed for "Gay" Song

Katy Perry seems to be doing a lot of explaining these days. If it’s not in connection with her hit single “I Kissed a Girl” its her song “You’re so Gay”. She’s recently received criticism for the latter from the gay community.
The lyrics of the chorus start:
"You're so gay and you don't even like boys..."
She’s pissed off activist Peter Tatchell who said that her lyrics, "can be read as implicitly demeaning gay people. I am sure Katy would get a critical reception if she expressed comparable sentiments in a song called 'UR so black, Jewish or disabled'."
Katy defends the song saying, "The fact of the matter is that we live in a very metrosexual world. You know, a girl might walk into a bar, meet a boy, and discover he's more manicured than she is. And they can't figure it out. Is he wearing foundation and a bit of bronzer? But he's buying me drinks at the same time! "I'm not saying you're so gay, you're so lame. I'm saying, you're so gay, but I don't understand it because you don't like boys!" Source
As a black woman who could get mad at damn near any and everything that people say I must advise my fine fairy friends to pick their battles.

Want more Manifesto? Check me out at Today.com and Wordpress.com.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home