AddThis Feed Button
Google
 

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

New Music From M.I.A.

M.I.A., nee Mathangi Arulpragasam, has come out of retirement to record a new album. She told Entertainment Weekly, "I stopped touring... and I didn't want to make music again. I was quite happy to just leave it all behind. I was happy with what I had achieved.
"Now, with the success of Paper Planes, there's pull for me to make another record. Even my mum believes in me more. It's a nice encouragement. But I was planning my life as a fishing woman on the outskirts of Cambodia. That's a joke." Source
This makes me very happy. When I heard that she was retiring, I held vigil for a week. Then I had to come out from under my desk cus the cleaning lady told me she was sick of stealing sandwiches from the cafeteria for me.

Want more Manifesto? Check me out at Today.com and Wordpress.com.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home